Pages

Saturday 9 November 2013

Story: Settling In

The lines in my palms were starting to sweat and a heat starting hitting to come over me, giving me one of my headaches.  I walked behind them all whilst eavesdropping on their conversation.  They mostly talked about a recent party they had where they all got so drunk that one girl ended up in hospital.  That made me even more nervous.  What if they made me that girl?
   Cassy turned round 'You alright?' 
'Yeah' I replied with a smile.  I know it may sound like the same story as my old school but it was different.  I had to keep telling myself that.  I had to hope that things would be different because I can't go back. Ever.
    I started to chat away to them until they said that one question that always scared me "So how come you left your school?" I never knew how to answer it and I didn't want to lie but it was too complicated to tell them the truth right now.  I still had to figure out everything before I could start explaining things.  
   In my head I kept thinking 'keep your guard up. Don't let it down, if you do it will all be over'.
"Just fell out with some girls."
They nodded their heads.  I got the impression that lots of people moved to the school for the same reason or maybe we all just used the same excuse.   The school seemed to pick most of its kids up through the years and almost reminded me of a refuge.  I was part of it now and would probably be the last to join.
   Me and Cassy started to joke around and I felt like myself again.  Things were starting to work out and hopefully it would stay that way.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment