Pages

Monday 28 October 2013

Day 3: Take a picture of something you love



I got Mel two years ago now and she was my first pony.  When I first got her I thought I was some kind of amazing rider that would be heading straight to HOYS (Horse Of The Year Show) but it didn't quite turn out like that.  I found that it takes a lot more hard work then that an also time.  You have to have a bond with the horse which sounds rather cheesy but it's important.  When I first got Mel of course I loved her but when I rode her she was just a pony.  Over the last two years though she has come to mean so much more to me.  I used to ride her and know exactly what she was going to do and we became a team (which also sounds really cheesy but true). In May we went to our favourite show of the year: The Suffolk County Show.  It wasn't a very nice day and had been raining a lot. Before we started getting ready I had a hurricane in my stomach like always but I was slightly excited as we would be doing two classes and one was a qualifier for HOYS.  It still didn't matter that much to me anymore about winning but about doing our best and using the show as an experience.  
    When we went over the last fence though Mel landed on three legs.  She came out and everyone thought she had just tripped but I knew she had hurt herself.  After calling the vet over we found later on she had slipped her tendon off her hock.  We were told that she wouldn't be able to show again and we are still going through the resting process but my point is that she is something I love so much.  This picture was taken a few months back when Mel was out on rest in the field and I had to say goodbye.
   Mel is the thing that I love more then anything and I think I realised that when she became injured.  When I was riding I knew something was wrong immediately and my only concern was for her.  She has taught me so and I can't imagine life without her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment