Pages

Friday 25 October 2013

Undefinable

Some might ask why it is called 'An Undefinable Blog' , maybe it is because I couldn't think of a name so instead of coming up with something clever and quirky I went for something rather dull, I would probably say the name more comes from me. 
    When you create a blog all the websites say you should write about a particular topic that your readers will be interested in and to give it a target audience like fishers or something.  I didn't want that though.  I didn't want to limit my readers and I didn't want a particular topic but rather post things on TV or stories or just my life. 
   I want there to be something for most people and I wanted it to describe me as a person.  When I came to think about it I really can't sum myself up with a title like others do.  I've heard of blogs like 'that girl' or 'it girl' which I always thought were quite cool names but in brutal honesty to myself I am not 'that girl'.  But I'm okay with not being 'that girl' and just another girl that has a story behind her just like everybody else does in life.  
   I think whilst trying to create the blog I started trying to sum myself and make a meaning of who I am and trying to find a title for my blog made me dig much deeper into that question I hadn't thought much of before.  It made me think of how people have called me names and tried to title me and actually not just me but all girls.  We do it to each other and sometimes without realising.  This doesn't have to mean in a hurtful way that makes us upset but sometimes in a kind way that gives us expectations.  That was when I realised how much we like to define people in life and title things to make it easier.   We like to give a blog a title that is obvious and the same with books.  You look at the title and you automatically assume what it will be like and whether you will like it.  
  When I come to think of myself I think of how people have called me names over the years maybe never mean ones but people like to sum you up and define you.  People like to talk about you and they forget that you never really know a person but still they try and define you.  
  When I come to think of a school I recently joined there is a girl who I have known for a while and I remembered the names people used to call her: slut, easy and others.  People took this one thing she did in life and they defined her as it.  They forgot that there was more to her then a tag.  
  I guess my point is that people have called me names and talked about me behind my back but you have to turn around and say to them to carry on.  Let them tag you and give you names so that it is easier for them but I know that people are much deeper then that.  I let them talk because their words will never define me.  Their words will not change me. They can title me all they like but I refuse to be titled.  I like everyone else am an undefinable person.  When you realise that in life nobodies opinion of you matters anymore.  If you remember that you can't be defined then nobody can ever define you.
    This blog defines me perfectly in an ironic way.  This blog is just me writing away and hopefully people will read it and understand who I am.  They will understand me but they won't be able to define me because nobody can.

No comments:

Post a Comment